The Golden Bears will be without two key contributors on each side of the football as Cal prepares to make the trip up to Corvallis against the Oregon St. Beavers. Let's take a quick look.
More on @CalFootball injuries: DE Todd Barr & LB Jake Kearney both fine and will play at Oregon State.— Jeff Faraudo (@JeffFaraudo) October 31, 2014
- Defensive end Brennan Scarlett: Hasn't played in over a month, and I'm not starting to feel good about his prognosis for returning this season. Noah Westerfield has played well in his absence, but Cal's pass rush is just non-existent right now and we could use more bodies up there.
- Safety Avery Sebastian: Sebastian did not dress for the Oregon game, and he will miss yet another game. Sebastian hasn't been right all year, and it's clear that it might be another season before we see him back at full strength.
- Wide receiver Kenny Lawler: Lawler got banged up early against the Ducks and had to leave for the locker room early, never returning. Whatever injury Lawler suffered, it will keep him out this week. I don't know how severe it is, but we will need him back soon.
- Wide receiver Trevor Davis: As expected, Davis will sit out another week as he recovers from a jammed neck against UCLA. Hopefully the bye week will be enough for both Lawler and Davis to return to the lineup by the USC game.
- Linebacker Jake Kearney: Cleared! Kearney got hurt somewhere in the Oregon game but has practice all week and should be good to go.
- Defensive end Todd Barr: I believe Barr left at some point in the game but totally lost track because of all the points. That's what Oregon does to you. But both should be back and are much needed to try and contain Sean Mannion.