For those counting, assistants who will soon be looking for jobs would be...
- Offensive line coach Brandon Jones (already former Oregon O-line coach Steve Greatwood has been rumored to be joining Wilcox’s staff).
- Running backs coach Garret Chachere
- Special teams coach Mark Tommerdahl
- Defensive line coach Fred Tate
- Safeties coach Greg Burns
- Cornerbacks coach Jon Lovett
Two Cal assistants have already departed: Offensive coordinator Jake Spavital to West Virginia; and wide receivers coach Jacob Peeler to Ole Miss, both with the same job titles. Strength coach Damon Harrington will not be returning either.
I’d expect some delayed announcements for position coach hires as Cal works on buyouts for some of these coaches. Many of their contracts are up by the end of spring.
Quality control coaches Brian Hamilton, Carlos Alvarado, and Colin Fry remain on staff, as does the entire operations. And yes, Director of Player Development and all-around awesome guy Kevin Parker (Rope Coach) is quite safe.
So the Sonny Dykes era is officially done. Figures that on inauguration week Cal will likely completely transition from the Bear Raid to Wilcox ball. What are your thoughts on the changes?