The California Golden Bears have one more game to improve our résumé for bowl bids. Until then, here are the latest projections.
- CBS Sports: Las Vegas Bowl (Las Vegas, NV) vs. the Boise State Broncos
- SBNation: Sun Bowl (El Paso, TX) vs. the Virginia Cavaliers
- Sports Illustrated: Sun Bowl (El Paso, TX) vs. the Syracuse Orange
- Athlon Sports: Sun Bowl (El Paso, TX) vs. the Pittsburgh Panthers
- ESPN, Mitch Sherman: Cheez-It Bowl (Phoenix, AZ) vs. the Fresno State Bulldogs
- ESPN, Kyle Bonagura: Redbox Bowl (Santa Clara, CA) vs. the Wisconsin Badgers
We’ve got half of the projections calling for the Sun Bowl (fifth pick of the Pac-12). And after weeks of Cheez-Its dancing in our heads, we’ve got just one prediction pairing us up—against Jeff Tedford. STOP SETTING US UP WITH JEFF TEDFORD.
As for our opponents, off the top of my head, I believe this is the first time we’ve been projected to face off against Virginia or Pitt. Also, our first match with Justin Wilcox’s former employer—Wisconsin. Wilcox thinks highly of Paul Chryst and has a penchant for beating his former bosses.