- It has been a pleasure sharing the articles of all our great student writers in the Daily Cal. They did a roundtable to answer questions about the 2019 season and the potential for next season.
Talk about a student-athlete who exceeded his expectations this season. Who are you excited about most for next season?
Josh Yuen: With all due respect to Chase Garbers, Kuony Deng and Zeandae Johnson, my most improved player award goes to Christopher Brown Jr., the undisputed workhorse of the backfield. The expectation heading into the season was that he would get the first crack to fill Patrick Laird’s shoes, and boy did he excite during the front and back ends of the 2019 campaign. I was skeptical of his ability to succeed as a three-down back, he lacked an impressive resume in the receiving game and two “shiftier” tailbacks in DeShawn Collins and Marcel Dancy were waiting in the wings. CBJ will never have breakaway speed, but he sure has a nasty stiff-arm and will play a significant role in the passing game going forward. As for next season, let’s see if this Makai Polk guy shapes into an elite talent outside the hashes — he gave everyone a small taste of his ability in the second half of the year.
- Check out Golden Bear Report’s roster reviews of the quarterback, running back, and wide receiver positions and what’s to come next season.
- How did the women’s basketball team respond to an unfortunate blowout loss to the Cougars last Sunday?
- The Pac-12 Network did a story on Chen Yue and her increased playing time.
Women’s Water Polo
- The team began camp earlier this week, with a few star players redshirting this year because of the Olympics. Show them support this season!