The California Golden Bears, ranked as high as No. 23 in recent “way-too-early” preseason polls, announced their 2020 football schedule today. The Golden Bears have seven home games in Memorial Stadium.
Notably, California starts its season against the UNLV Rebels at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, the new home of the Raiders. The Aug. 29 matchup will be the first college football game in the new domed NFL stadium. Allegiant Stadium is also the new home of the Pac-12 Football Championship Game, which will be contested on Friday, Dec. 4.
The Golden Bears have two byes this coming 2020 season on Sept. 19 and Nov. 14.
- Aug. 29 at the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels
- Sept. 5 against the TCU Horned Frogs
- Sept. 12 against the Cal Poly Mustangs
- Sept. 26 against the Utah Utes
- Oct. 3 at the Washington State Cougars
- Oct. 10 at the USC Trojans
- Oct. 17 against the Oregon Ducks
- Oct. 24 at the Oregon State Beavers
- Oct. 31 against the Washington Huskies
- Nov. 7 at the Arizona State Sun Devils
- Nov. 21 against the Stanford Cardinal
- Nov. 27 against the UCLA Bruins
In 2019, California finished its season tied for second in the Pac-12 North standings with a 4-5 in-conference record and an 8-5 record overall. California Head Coach Justin Wilcox ended the season with a 35-20 Redbox Bowl victory over the Illinois Fighting Illini in Santa Clara, Calif.