- Could Cal win the Pac-12 North? Well, Jon Wilner breaks down a possible scenario where the Bears can do it, even if they lose to Oregon. Which of course means... it won’t happen.
With so many key players back on that side, the Bears don’t need a high-powered offense. They need an offense that doesn’t lose games.
So far, it hasn’t: Only four turnovers in three games.
At that pace, the Bears would finish with 16 giveaways — half their total from 2018.
But not only is the offense displaying improved ball security, it’s functioning more efficiently, especially in the aerial game, and scoring more points.
Not a lot more points, mind you, but enough: Incremental improvement will have a compounding effect because the defense is so good.
What’s more, the North is devoid of a juggernaut.
- In this week’s edition of The Novel, Nam notes what we’ve all been seeing, that the offense is not playing in such a way that we can feel confident about any game left on the schedule.
- Evan Weaver had a huge part in Cal’s win over North Texas.
- Despite what you may have saw in the second half of the North Texas game, Emily Ohman argues that Cal deserves its newfound ranking.
- Find out why Justin Wilcox isn’t concerned about temperature or an 11am start time next Saturday.
- Nam’s “Five Things” for Ole Miss talks about who could fill in for Cal if the five injured players from last Saturday still cannot play.
- Marshawn Lynch made an appearance at a NASCAR event, driving the pace car...
- Jared Goff will donate $1,000 to California Strong (helping families affected by recent CA fires) for every touchdown he throws this season for the Rams.
- Lindsay Gottlieb wrote to the prestigious Player’s Tribune on why she decided to join the Cleveland Cavaliers. A great read.