- The offensive line has seen some losses this season because of injury and yet has still looked much improved from last year. Both Cal Athletics and Cal Bears Maven wrote a piece on this. The excerpt is from Christie Aguilar’s article on Calbears.com.
Recently declared out for the season with a lower body injury, sophomore Will Craig’s absence has shaken up the look of Cal’s offensive line. Though Craig did not travel to Seattle, he was still helping out his guys – providing them with a source of NBA gaming entertainment – in what would end up being upwards of a two-and-a-half-hour weather delay.
”That was the good luck charm for the game,” junior offensive lineman Michael Saffell said.
After season-ending injuries to Craig and Gentle Williams, the offensive line donned a new look against Washington. In Cal’s first Pac-12 matchup, McKade Mettauer, a true freshman, recorded his first career start, and Henry Bazakas saw the most significant snaps of his career.
- Marcel Dancy recently was honored by Allstate and the AFCAA for his hard work, not just on the field last week, but mainly for what he does in the community. (The article by Jeff Faraudo is mainly about his style of play and the old school RBs he’s drawn inspiration from).
Somehow, between classes and football, Dancy has found time to volunteer time as a certified youth football coach for the Oakland Dynamites Youth Football and Cheer organization in East Oakland.
He was recognized on Thursday for those efforts when he was named to the 2019 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team® as announced by Allstate Insurance Company and the American Football Coaches Association of America.
Dancy is among 137 preliminary candidates for the honor, from which 22 players and one honorary coach will ultimately be chosen to the team for leadership and a commitment to giving back in their local communities.
- Shailin Singh watches some film and breaks down how the Bears pulled off one of the key plays in the upset over Washington, when Chase Garbers found Kekoa Crawford and setup what wound up being a chip-shot game winning field goal.
- If you want to know what Gameday was like for Cal fans, rain delay included, Josh Yuen wrote about his experience.
- Trilok Reddy breaks down some alarming revenue issues for the Pac-12.
- While Cal is not included in this, there are some huge games for Pac-12 credibility as multiple teams will be on the big networks on Saturday.
Beat the Mean Green!