Thanks to Avi for filling in for me when I had a Sunday night and Monday morning shift. Still trying to catch up on sleep today but I want everyone to be able to read the cool stuff that was posted in the wake of Cal’s big win over UW!
- Hey, remember that win? Pretty cool right. If you missed it, or want to relive it, Cal Athletics has you covered with this amazing video.
- Nam’s Novel raises the bar for Cal’s upcoming schedule, among other things.
Whether this win raises the ceiling for 2019 dramatically or not, I cannot confidently say, and I don’t think anyone should quite yet. The sample size remains too small, there are a couple of nagging issues that I’ll discuss below that are now figuring to be season-long bugaboos, and among those complicating factors is also this one: it’s possible that Washington’s status was a little bit overvalued, their crown to the Pac-12 North prematurely awarded.
The rest of the schedule this month – North Texas and Ole Miss – project to be much more winnable games, and if those break favorably, a fancy number should be accompanying the letters Cal for the second time in the Wilcox era before too long.
I don’t expect it to change his approach at all, though.
- Lorenzo Reyna broke down how he saw Cal’s defense stop rising star Jacob Eason.
- Cal has a new rising star in Marcel Dancy, and Rodney Alamo Brown details how he can be used this season.
- Spencer Golanka sees some promise in Chase Garbers.
- Bob Melvin couldn’t watch the game but he had some kind words to say after he learned about the win before Sunday’s A’s game.
- Check out this Pac-12 Network feature on Evan Weaver