- Cal Bears Maven has continued their Possible Scenarios this week. Last GN I posted the 0-2 and 3-5 win scenarios. Now they have launched the 6-7 and 8-9 win scenarios and how they can be accomplished. The next GN would therefore have the 10+ win scenario!
- Traveon Beck may be a trash talker, but he is maturing...
He came to Cal thinking he would be a cornerback and was soon moved to the nickel position, which required him to make a mental adjustment. Now he embraces the position where he is asked to perform a range of duties.
“My freshman year I didn’t really catch onto it too well. I’m a cornerback. But it’s something I’ve grown to love. I definitely love playing nickel. It’s exciting,” he said.
“In that role you do so many different things. I defend tight ends, I fit the run. I have to go hit (offenensive) tackles sometimes. What coach needs me to do I can go do. I love being out on the field.”
- With the Running Back competition underway, do not forget about Marcel Dancy...
Dancy, who is in his second season at Cal, says that the 2019 Cal running backs come equipped with a competitive spirit, but also can improve each passing day.
“We’ve had a lot of good competition, but we have a lot of things to clean up,” Dancy said. “Everybody at their position just needs to improve the details from blocking to making the correct blocks on the perimeter. It’s everybody. It’s a whole unit.”
- Hey remember that win over Ole Miss in 2017? Let’s relive it.
- Read about the journey Luc Bequette (or rather, “Adventure”) has been on in his Cal career.
- Some miscellaneous quotes from Fall Camp, courtesy of Golden Bear Report.
- Learn about the new Cameron Institute and how its helping Cal student athletes!