- It is time for the 2019 edition of “Coaches anonymously talk about other conference opponents”. What did some Pac-12 coaches say about Cal?
“Justin Wilcox could be there for a long time. He really gets that place, the way that (Jeff) Tedford did, and he’s done a really nice job recruiting the Bay Area kids.”
”I don’t think anyone expected that program to be able to develop this level of defensive football. But they have to show an offensive identity for that to keep going. If you’re going to be brawlers, do that. Maybe you lean into being a run heavy deal and you go find a backfield of big guys.”
- Golden Bear Report got in some interviews with Steve Greatwood and Burl Toler.
- Special teams has looked good so far, but Charlie Ragle knows they can do better.
- The Cal defense has a high bar for 2019 and knows not to assume last year’s success will happen again.
- Collin Moore’s injury trouble prevented him from being a quarterback for Cal, but he’s persevered and could be this year’s starter at tight end.
- Steven Coutts has become skilled at pinning opponents inside the 20.
- The Football team now have new sleep pods in their practice facility to get valuable napping time while on campus.
- Mia Merino, a recently graduated beach volleyball player, is headed to England for grad school where she will continue to play volleyball (including indoor as well).
- Check out the weekend pairings for the 2019-2020 Cal Women’s Basketball season. When the dates are finalized there will be a stand-alone article with the full dates.