- Last week, as part of their 100 days countdown, Golden Bear Report brought up some potential worst case scenarios. This week, they’re bringing up some good scenarios (Not “best” as that would be the Rose Bowl and/or Championship). Here’s the three so far: Tevin Paul’s stock rises even more, all non-senior DBs return in 2020, and what if there’s already signs that the coaching reshuffle on offense is going to work?
- Cal has had some success in getting walk-ons to be productive players, here are all the walk-ons we will see this year.
- Four major publications all have Cal finishing fifth in the Pac-12 North. Cal Bears Maven rounds them all up for you here.
- Cal Bears Maven analyzes Athlon Sports’ rankings of coaching jobs in the FBS by desirability, which has Cal at 44 (and 10 out of 12 in the Pac-12) then does their own Pac-12 ranking.
- If the Bears have an elite defense and an average offense, whats the best they can do? Cal Bears Maven again comes through with a list of other teams with similar stats (including a recent Furd team).
- Wanna relive some old bowl games? Golden Bear Report looks back at the insight bowl, while the Daily Cal goes way back to... 2018 and recaps the Cheez-It Bowl in a two part essay.
- Daily Cal looks back at how the Cal Bears fared in the NBA, first up is Ryan Anderson.
- Jonathan Okanes recaps and shares his thoughts on Charmin Smith’s introductory press conference.
- Jim Knowlton fills us in on what happened to the Cal Bears in June, including a great MLB Draft for Cal Baseball players, and the two new coaching hires.