- Trace Travers’ bold positions for the defense includes a double digit sacker. On offense, he says the Bears will do better at converting TDs in the red zone.
- The four players that need to break out this season include Garbers and Duncan.
- Jon Wilner declares his picks for the strongest and weakest units for each Pac-12 North team. For Cal he chooses linebackers for strongest and running backs for weakest.
- Sports Illustrated’s list of possible Heisman contenders includes Chase Garbers! Now... you should read the article before you head to the comments to call them crazy. Its just that they think ALL of the Power-5 QBs could theoretically contend by having a surprise great season.
- Josh Yuen goes over the quarterback position and all the options the Bears have.
- Yuen also makes the case for fans to give McIlwain another chance (as a player in general, not necessarily QB).
- Nam Le goes over “worst case” scenarios, which includes injuries to one of the team’s best, and a defensive regression.