- Its something that has been a familiar theme for Justin Wilcox. Another season where the Bears are looking for a QB.
Incumbent Chase Garbers took the first-team snaps on a chilly morning at Memorial Stadium, but former UCLA backup Devon Modster and City College of San Francisco transfer Jack Newman got a similar number of repetitions.
“It’ll resolve when it resolves. Whether that’s in a week or 10 days or two months or six months, I don’t know the answer to that,” said head coach Justin Wilcox, who prefers letting the competition unfold organically as opposed to setting a deadline to name a starter. “… When you know the answer, you know the answer, and then, we’ll talk about it. But, if we don’t, and it’s still competitive, then that’s just what it is.
“Right now, the focus is just on improvement.”
- Evan Weaver loves when he gets to interact with fans on Twitter.
- With the danger of 0-18 ever increasing, the MBB team appears to be keeping a low profile.
The school might be hoping that no one will notice.
After having weekly media availability after practice for the majority of the season, Cal switched this week’s news conference to about 11:15 a.m. — which was in conflict with the first week of the Bears’ spring football practices.
Cal officials said the scheduling conflict was created not in an attempt to avoid the media but because Jones and assistant David Grace had to leave immediately after practice to hit the recruiting trail. Still, Jones and athletic director Jim Knowlton each recently turned down interview requests.
- Remember that Juhwan Harris-Dyson’s career took a bad turn at the beginning after an illness weakened his body. He’s come back from that nicely and will hopefully be rewarded with a better Cal team in the upcoming years.
- Is this the year Kristine Anigwe gets named a first-team All-American? It may seem like a no-brainer but history has not been kind to elite players on unranked teams.
Beat the Gaels and Huskies!