- Nam’s latest “Five Things” for USC involves putting pressure on Kedon Slodis, among other things.
- Jake Curtis believes Chase Garbers will get the start on Saturday.
- Trace Travers breaks down Makai Polk’s touchdown from the previous game.
- The late Bryce Turner will be honored before the game on Saturday. Traveon Beck (pictured in the header) wrote this touching tribute to him, published last night.
Day in and day out, Bryce always had a smile on his face. He loved to joke around. He was always able to make himself laugh throughout the day. Whether it was messing up certain coverages or us getting in trouble for doing who knows what, he would always just laugh himself out of the situation. He was always messing with me about being late, but that’s how you knew he cared. He was always making everyone else around him laugh. However, Bryce also was the type to stand up for others. He would always be ready to have anybody’s back if he felt like they were being disrespected. Bryce always stood his ground. He had the heart of a warrior. This is why I loved every second that I was around him and one of the reasons we were able to stay friends for so long.
- Cal will play their last two regular season home games of the year against the LA schools. The seniors will be honored on Sunday, but you can check out Cal Volleyball’s Twitter for videos done by the six seniors. So far, three of the six have been tweeted. When the other three come out I will include them in future Golden Nuggets.
This senior class is very special as the squad will likely end the Bears’ post-season drought, and of course the class includes Savannah Rennie. I hope to make the ceremony on Sunday but I may not be able to stay for the whole game. See you there, courtside.
Beat the Trojans! (In Football, Men’s Water Polo, AND Volleyball plus the Bruins)