- Trace Travers has some miscellaneous thoughts about Cal football (and volleyball) post-bye week.
Oregon State had a win down in Pasadena over UCLA prior to coming home against Utah. There might have been some momentum, but it was squashed by Zach Moss and a Utah defense that made Jake Luton uncomfortable all night in a 52-7 loss. The Beavers were missing a few key guys in OL Nathan Eldridge, OLB Matthew Tago, ILB Avery Roberts and RB Jermar Jefferson, but they got worked by the Utes.
That said, the Beavers have talent.
- Nam’s “Five Things” is up for Oregon State as well.
Stay healthy- Potentially, the Bears will be getting Mike Saffell back, as well as Marcel Dancy, Tevin Paul and Valentino Daltoso. All are big pieces for success, but with my recent discovery that the Bears have a second bye week -- in my defense, they’ve had the bye at the end of the season sometimes, which makes it easy to forget -- one of the major goals from this one, which should be a win, is to not make any of these injuries worse ahead of the Washington State game.
That they can’t afford any more injuries to the quarterback position either, obviously.
- Written before the season, Christian Gomez looks to recover from a trying year where he lost his brother.
- Learn about one of the newest Cal Athletics Hall of Fame inductees in Calen Carr.
- Tara Vanderveer has some nice things to say about her former player and Cal WBB coach Charmin Smith.
- Also about to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, Field hockey alum Valentine Godfrid currently does acting in Argentina in support of the LGBTQ community.
- Learn about Cal philanthropists Andy and Debbie Deane.