- Justin Wilcox filled in as secondary coach when Gerard Alexander was recruiting. This was when “Truth Monday” happened which I wrote about last time. Here’s more on how it went.
- Trace Travers broke down the film for Jake Ashton’s first career touchdown.
- Cal has not had a friendly history on games after bye weeks, including the Big Game loss last year and a certain loss in 2007 that involved a last second QB run. But... the Bears did beat Oregon following a bye in 2016 and besides that loss to the Beavers, have performed well at home after bye weeks.
- Taking a cue from former Cal women’s soccer goalie Emily Boyd, Jordan Kunaszyk is taking on a healthy diet with meal preparations, nicknamed “Sassy Creations”. Cal Athletics made a video of his works.
- The “Fight for California” montage from the Idaho State win is up!
- Big news today for a Cal alumnus as Layshia Clarendon will be playing for Team USA in the FIBA Women’s World Cup which begins this weekend in Spain. Congrats!
Beat the bye!