- Learn how to pronounce Jordan Kunaszyk’s name in this article, you will want to remember it as his name will be coming up a lot this season.
- Evan Rambo has been working on some pretty cool technology to help track players’ movements, balance, and force.
- Malik McMorris says the best way for him to win the Piesman would be to do a somersault after a touchdown, but concedes Justin Wilcox would likely be very upset if he did.
- Kanawai Noa is not worried about the wide receivers this season, despite the many departures.
- What says unity and cohesiveness better than Patrick Mekari getting all of his offensive lineman teammates to don Hawaiian outfits to practices?
- Two sport athlete Ashtyn Davis used track and field as a way to get on the football field.
- Jeff Faraudo names his five biggest issues with Cal that they need to fix to be a winning team.
- It wouldn’t take effect for a long time, but the Pac-12 is considering moving the FCS games to November (like the SEC does). They declined to make the change this year.
- Women’s Basketball unveiled the non-conference slate for 2018. Of course the big one is the December 22 game against UConn. (No gametime has been announced yet, as they are finalizing which TV channel will air it) The season opener is at home against a formidable Houston team on November 6. The road heavy non-conference schedule sees road matches at Penn State, BYU and a short drive to Saint Mary’s. There are also home games against UC Santa Barbara, Harvard, and others. Get your tickets!
- Women’s Golf unveiled their schedule, the most notable event is the September 20 Big Match tournament that sees both men’s and women’s golf teams of Cal and Stanford go head to head simultaneously in Redwood City.
- The Daily Cal’s series reviewing Pro Bears in the NBA, continues with the Celtics star Jaylen Brown.
- Men’s Soccer begins training camp. While there was a huge class of seniors that departed, the Bears still have a great goalie in Drake Callender and return their leading scorer Shinya Kadono. Their first game is August 24.
- Volleyball also began training camp, as they begin the Jennifer Dorr era. They also begin play on August 24.
- When she’s not making saves on the hockey field, recent Cal alum Courtney Hendrickson is also saving... the environment!
See you at practice Saturday... if I get enough sleep.