- Alex Netherda recently received a scholarship, well deserved, and don’t forget the ordeal he went through last season. He lost his home during the North Bay fires last year, and still played against Washington State. The work he’s done on and off the field has been amazing. (This article was probably written a while ago, as it doesn’t mention the scholarship news)
- Cal Sports Maven is doing an eight part preview of Cal Football in 2018. Last I checked before starting this article, four parts are up. They’re being posted rapidly so I’m sure we’ll have the other four parts for Thursday’s edition.
- Part 1 - The Star Players
- Part 2 - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Part 3 - The Schedule with predictions
- Part 4 - Eight questions, with eight answers.
- Cameron Goode has a chance to make a big leap this season.
- Rapid reaction from Shannon Carroll now that we know the Bears’ depth chart.
- Jon Wilner predicts the entire Pac-12 season and CFB Playoff. He has the Bears in the Cheez-It Bowl. Never heard of it? It’s the new name for the Cactus/Insight Bowl and the final Pac-12 guaranteed bowl slot.
- Trace Travers answers mailbag questions regarding North Carolina.
- Nam Le is back with his “Five Things” list about Saturday’s game.
- The Daily Cal checks in on Cal Women’s Basketball and how they are doing in the offseason. Good to hear from Mi’Cole Cayton who has recovered from her season ending injury and will hopefully make a big comeback.
- And the third and final WBB newcomer video is out, meet grad transfer Recee Caldwell.
- Courtney Cheng of Cal Alumni Association caught up with Ryan Murphy to check in on what he’s doing post-Cal.