The Bears took to the field on 4/20 for another practice, although we were not allowed in, the team took some unofficial stats and shared them with the media. The main takeaways are below!
- Camryn Bynum continued his rise into a bonafide star at Cornerback. He continued his playmaking ability with a redzone interception off of Ross Bowers. The pass was deflected off of Derron Brown and Bynum made the play.
- Chigozie Anusiem also has been impressing from the DB position. he’s taken most of the opportunity in the absence of Elijah Hicks. He added another pick, this time off of Brandon McIlwain.
- Quentin Tartabull also added an interception off of a tipped ball by Malik Psalms. Chase Garbers was the QB on the play.
- Rusty Becker apparently had the play of the day. He strip-sacked McIlwain five yards in the backfield, recovered the ball and ran 15 yards before being tackled.
- During 11-on-11s, Jordan Kunaszyk and Malik Psalms both had sacks. Evan Weaver had a tackle for loss, Alex Funches and Lone Toailoa got .5 tackle for loss each.
- Brandon McIlwain showed off his wheels with a 19 yard TD run. Derrick Clark and Chase Garbers both got 3 yard TD runs.
- Malik McMorris is just showing up everywhere. He got a 3 yard TD catch and also got a rushing TD on a 1 yard run.
- Jeremiah Hawkins is cemeting his spot in the two deep. He nabbed a 44-yard TD from Chase Forrest.
- Derrick Clark has pretty much taken the 2nd RB with his performance this spring. He had 70 yards on 10 carries with a rushing TD.
- Read into this what you will: Cal is rotating all QBs, but Ross Bowers took the most snaps going 11-21 for 128 yards.
That’s the major stats from Friday. What do you think of stats? What impressed you the most? Who do you think might make a jump these next week? Let us know in the comments below!