This week features several of my favorite bowls of the entire bowl season. Not because they’re compelling matchups or historically important, but because they have some absurd names. Look at this nonsense:
- Tuesday: Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl, which translates to Rat Mouth Bowl
- Wednesday: DXL Frisco Bowl
- Thursday: Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl, named after an annual pirate parade in Tampa. Fun fact: this used to be the Magic Jack (remember those silly things?!) St. Petersburg Bowl, then it became the Beef O’Brady’s Bowl, and then it became the Bitcoin Bowl, so it has a proud history of terrible names.
- Friday: Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl
- Friday: Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (actually, I prefer the Famous Original Idaho Potato Bowl)
Which of these is the most ridiculous bowl name? I’m having a hard time deciding because I keep getting distracted by wondering why a pirate would need a lawnmower.
Bonus: here are the top-ten standings in the bowl pick ‘em league as of Monday night. Didn’t make the top ten? TOO BAD.