- Nam’s kept the “Five Things” to beat Stanford list the same as two weeks ago, but Trace Travers went and added a few notes.
Trace’s note: The Bears will have to face JJ Arcega-Whiteside after all, as Stanford’s top rebounder will be playing Saturday after doing a number on UCLA’s secondary. He’s drawn 16 penalties on either pass interference or holding calls this year, an insane number, and something that the Bears will have to avoid adding to.
- Trace notes in his depth chart review that there are some errors (Mekari, out for the year, is still listed as a starter) but says that the team hopes Noa can still come back.
- Justin Wilcox has transformed the defense into a force. (But you already knew that) Includes quotes from Yogi Roth and our nemesis David Shaw.
- Rusty Simmons celebrates our dual sport hero Ashtyn Davis.
- Ray Hudson has a confession to make. The last time Cal beat Stanford, he was actually a Cardinal fan. Gasp
- Matt Zemek has pointed out on his Twitter feed that teams on the wrong end of a losing streak in rivalry games have seen some brutal losses last weekend (Michigan, BYU, Virginia) and that the Big Game is a chance for Cal to show that Stanford’s dominance is over.
- Look back at the time Cal beat Stanford 67-0 before any of us were born.
- Chase Garbers had shown improvement but regressed against Colorado. Can he bounce back against a mediocre Furd defense?
- Christie Aguilar predicts the Sun Bowl with a Cal win and the Cheez-It Bowl with a Cal loss.
- Cal Bears Maven is split on the Big Game.
- Cal WBB’s Starting Five have been amazing so far.
- Cal Volleyball didn’t make the postseason but accomplished quite a lot this year.
- Get a tour of two Women’s Gymnasts’ living space.
Beat the Cardinal!