- Patrick Laird seeks his first Big Game win.
“In the moment, I’m just trying to focus on the process and am continuing to make this team better and continuing to make myself the best player I can, but every once in a while, you try to look back or get some perspective and see what the legacy you’re going to leave is going to be,” Laird said. “… I think we feel something special that is starting to move here in Cal football, but it’s not done yet, for sure.”
- A look at the big 4th-and-1 play that Laird had (pictured above and in the article) that sealed the deal against USC. FIVE former walk-ons were a part of that Cal offense on the play.
- Steve Bartkowski looks back at his Big Game memories.
- Jeff Faraudo looks at the storylines as both teams have had polar opposite seasons (Stanford started strong, Cal started bad. Now they’ve switched)
- The McIlwain at WR idea is now gaining steam, according to Wilcox. Duncan and Noa could also return, but its not at all a certainty.
- Trace Travers analyzes the Cal depth chart, including the injury reports.
- Don’t really have time to check picks, but I noticed two of the three Athlon Sports “experts” picked Cal! Last week, they all picked USC (Everyone I checked did, which is why I didn’t bother putting anything about it in the GN).
Big Game Week
- Check out highlights from the Cable Car Rally.
- Learn about the Victory Cannon in this video, that I can’t get to work.
- Great news regarding the Bears’ improving APR rates.
- Cal Men’s Soccer upset Stanford to end the season but it was still a rough disappointing season full of injuries. The Daily Cal looks back.