- Relive that wonderful win over Oregon State.
- Find out about Patrick Laird’s uncharacteristic celebration after his stiff-arm TD last weekend.
Now on to Washington. This will be a huge test for Chase Garbers. Can he establish himself as Cal’s future QB?
The Huskies just don’t make the big mistake as they wait for the opposing offense to make one.
“They rely on offenses to mess up,” Garbers said.
Can Garbers avoid messing up? The last time he started a game against a quality defense, he was 4-for-9 with two interceptions and two sacks against Oregon. Has he grown that much in three weeks? Can he come close to matching what he did against the Beavers, when he directed six drives of 50 yards or more, including three of more than 75 yards?
- Nam’s “Five Things” to beat Washington include getting some extra possessions via turnovers and fourth down aggression, and keeping the game simple on the ground.
- Trace Travers breaks down the Cal depth chart for next Saturday.
- The new Cal Athletics Hall of Fame class will be honored at halftime of Saturday’s game. Inductee Geoff McArthur earned his spot with, among other things, a record-setting performance in the Big Game on a bum ankle.
- At 7’3, Connor Vanover brings height not seen in Cal MBB since Max Zhang. Among the obvious benefits that will give the Bears, you may not know he’s a great 3 point shooter!
- Nathan Adrian will be the commencement speaker for the December ‘18 ceremony, in case you or anyone you know is graduating from Cal this semester.
Beat the Huskies!