As you may have heard, the California Golden Bears are no longer undefeated. But sitting at 3–1 with eight games left on the schedule, there’s still a pretty good chance that we can win at least three of the remaining games and make it to a bowl.
The experts agree, too! Four sources are predicting five different landing spots for the Bears; my guess is that they’re all different because we’d be on the low-end of Pac-12 bowl eligibility and likely taking at-large spots.
The five predicted bowls are:
- SBNation: Independence Bowl vs. the Tulane Green Wave
- 247 Sports: Las Vegas Bowl vs. the Boise State Broncos (and one of the popular picks last week!)
- CBS Sports: Cheez-It Bowl vs. the Oklahoma State Cowboys
- ESPN, Mitch Sherman: New Mexico Bowl vs. the Utah State Aggies
- ESPN, Kyle Bonagura: Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl vs. the San Diego State Aztecs
As previously mentioned, not all of these bowls have Pac-12 tie-ins. The Independence, New Mexico, and Armed Forces Bowls all have tie-ins with other conferences. The Las Vegas Bowl has the sixth pick for Pac-12 teams and the Cheez-It Bowl has the seventh Pac-12 pick.
Which of the post–Week 5 bowl match-ups would you most want to see Cal in?
This poll is closed
Independence Bowl vs. Tulane
Las Vegas Bowl vs. Boise State
Cheez-It Bowl vs. Oklahoma State
New Mexico Bowl vs. Utah State
Armed Forces Bowl vs. San Diego State