- Bowl projections have been made every week, and I’m finally including them here. If I’m not mistaken, only ESPN had Cal in a bowl game last week.
ESPN: Kyle Bonagura sees the Cal-Northwestern series renewed in the Foster Farms Bowl. David Hale has Cal in the Cactus Bowl against Kansas State.
Our parent site SB Nation has Cal in the Frisco Bowl against Houston.
CBS Sports still does not have Cal as a bowl team, unless my Ctrl+F search failed me.
- Notes from this week’s practices: Wilcox stands up for the players rights to express their opinions, and also continues to stand with Bowers. You can watch Wilcox speak below, courtesy of Golden Bear Report.
“We want them to have opinions, stand up for who they are and also know the right way to talk about it and communicate their opinions. I think that’s the biggest thing: that we’re respectful in how we do that,” Wilcox said after Monday’s practice. “We want them to be themselves, especially in this environment.
We’re never going to tell them what to think, but we’d like to teach them how to think about it. That’s kind of what we promote.”
- Kanawai Noa has been named to the Polynesian College Football Player of the Year Watch! See him speak about it below, also from GBR.
- Finally, GBR has provided video of James Looney speaking.
- You have to read “The Novel” on the U$C game, of course.
- Five things to know about the Cal-Oregon game.
- Daily Cal breaks down the 19 yard touchdown pass from Ross Bowers to Vic Wharton in the Ole Miss game.
- Jon Wilner grades the USC loss. He still seems very optimistic, but is vague about who he thinks will win the Cal-Oregon match.
- Jon Wilner reviews the Pac-12 in Week 4, with Cal getting a couple mentions.
- MBB: Ben Parker chatted with former walk-on Cole Welle, who received a scholarship for his senior season earlier this off-season.
- WSOC: NCAA.com did a feature and interview on senior goalie Emily Boyd. The Bears are 8-1 and have a couple home conference games this weekend.
- VB: Sunday’s home game against Arizona has been declared the #SavStrong Game, in honor of Savannah Rennie who is undergoing chemotherapy. Fans are asked to wear gold and there will be ways to learn about lymphoma research and organ donation.
- Also, as promised, Cal Volleyball’s Facebook page did post video from Rich Feller night last week, so here it is if you missed it.
Rich Feller Night Ceremony
Couldn't make it to Rich Feller Night? Here's a look back at the on-court ceremony to honor our all-time winningest coach, just as it was shown on the video board at Haas Pavilion. Watch (and listen).Posted by Cal Volleyball on Thursday, September 21, 2017
(That’s all of the languages of the places I visited [although no one actually spoke Scottish Gaelic when I was over there], back to English from now on...)