Now in Germany. As you can see I’m pretty late today. I was definitely distracted by the heartbreaking news coming out of Barcelona. I was literally just there three days ago. My heart goes out to all affected.
- Jon Wilner reports that Cal will begin searching for a new AD soon rather than wait for Mike Williams contract to expire next year.
- Mike Williams reflects on his time as AD with Ryan Gorcey.
- Gorcey also interviewed new chancellor Carol Christ about the reports of possibly removing Edwards Stadium.
- In the video (I can’t embed it, so click on the link) you can learn more about Cal football player Siulagisipai Fuimaono’s road to Cal.
- Vic Enwere made the Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award watch list, given to the best running back with Texas ties in Division I football.
- Cal hopes for “another” miracle from new defensive coordinator Tim DeRuyter.
- With this eligibility still uncertain, Brandon McIlwain keeps impressing the team.
- Video press conferences with Justin Wilcox, Beau Baldwin, and Charlie Ragle from Rivals.
- Cal is ending their free football tickets for freshmen program.
- NFL: The Daily Cal praises Marshawn Lynch for his activism.
- NFL: The Daily Cal recaps Week 1 of NFL preseason action for Cal alums including Jared Goff, Chad Hansen, and Khalfani Muhammad.
- NBA: Jabari Bird officially signs with the Boston Celtics with a two-way contract! Congrats.
- WBB: Cal defeated New Zealand Premier during their current tour of Australia/NZ.
- BVB: Earlier this summer beach volleyball player Iya Lindahl played in a tournament in Sicily, Italy. Check out the recap of her adventure here.
- MSOC: Senior Jose Carrera-Garcia made the preseason All-Pac-12 list.
- WSOC: The Daily Cal’s women soccer preview.
- WSOC: From the summer Cal Sports Quarterly, a look at Haley Lukas and her work volunteering with the Special Olympics.
- TRACK: John Lawson has been great on the field but he also excels in creative writing.
- FHOC: The field hockey team has been picked to finish 3rd in the America East coaches poll.
- MPOLO: The defending champs are back in camp! Be sure to watch them this season.
- WCREW: Do you have what it takes to be on the women’s rowing team? They’re looking for walkons!
Thank you for reading. Stay safe. Go Bears.