- I want to make an apology for a mistake I made on Tuesday. I said Layshia Clarendon would find out whether she made the WNBA All-Star game. The announcement was just for the starting lineups. She was not named a starter. The reserves will be announced next Tuesday.
- Jonathan Klinsmann has signed with Hertha, Berliner-Sports Club, a professional football club in Berlin, Germany. Germany is the home country of his father Jurgen, former head coach of the US MNT. Having already spent time with the Under-20 US MNT squad, this was not a surprise. However, this does mean that his Cal career has come to an end. He would have been a junior this upcoming season. There are now 16 Bears playing professional soccer. (I’m not sure if that number includes both men and women, or is just men) Congratulations nonetheless and he has a great future ahead!
- I’m sure this will get its own article soon, but until then, Aaron Rodgers won an ESPY. Well, that’s actually not true. He has two! He was named the Best NFL Player as well as the Best Play for his 3rd-and-20 completion that set up the game winning field goal in the Packers win over the Dallas Cowboys.
- Team USA men’s basketball is owning the Maccabiah Games in Israel. They just won 110-32 over Belgium to improve to 3-0. Hey, who’s that familiar face in the center of this picture?
- Yuleen Sternberg grew up in Berkeley before moving to Nagoya, Japan and then Melbourne, Australia and has participated in Gymnastics in each stop. Now she is back in Berkeley, this time as a Golden Bear. The Daily Cal has a great story on her.
- Is Under Armour affiliate Stephen Curry going to hook up Cal Baseball? Maybe.
can do something about that!— Stephen Curry (@StephenCurry30) July 12, 2017
- Kristine Anigwe has been invited to the USA Basketball Women’s U23 National Team Training Camp from July 31 - August 4 in Colorado. There are 40 participants and 12 players will be selected to complete later in the summer in Japan.
- You can apply for an internship for Cal Athletics between now and August 19. More details here.
- Bear Territory’s look at the Tight Ends and their return to Cal Football.
- Golden Bear Report meanwhile takes another look at the Quarterbacks in their Bear Essentials series.