I couldn’t find a whole lot of articles on either Rabb or Bird, possibly because they are second round picks.
- The SB Nation Memphis Grizzlies blog Grizzly Bear Blues breaks down the Rabb pick.
- Fanragsports.com says Ivan Rabb has a lot of upside but will be a work in progress this season.
- MassLive.com doesn’t think Bird is likely to make the NBA, but he will have a shot to prove them wrong if he does well in the Summer League and the Maine Red Claws (the developmental league [now called the G-league] affiliate of the Celtics)
- The fourteen Pac-12 players selected is a league record (and tied for most of any conference in 2017 with the ACC).
- Darius McNeill, a new commit for the men’s team, talked with both Ryan Gorcey and Ben Parker. They appear to be separate and distinct interviews rather than a press conference, so check them both out.
- WBB alum Eliza Pierre was hired to be an assistant coach for UC Santa Barbara, leaving her basketball operations intern position for Cal women’s basketball. Best of luck!
- Cal’s associate athletic director Foti Mellis was selected to participate in the 2017 NCAA Pathway Program for aspiring athletic directors.
- Contract details for QB coach Marques Tuiasosopo are out.
- Matt Anderson and Ray Davison attended the NFL/Pac-12 Careers in Football program last weekend in San Francisco.
- Congrats to Trevor Hildenberger (class of 2014) on making his major league debut for the Minnesota Twins on Friday, where he had a scoreless inning, including a strikeout of his first batter he faced.
- In case you forgot who he is, here’s a detailed look at his rise to the big leagues. Remember, his first four years at Cal weren’t that special, but he broke through in his redshirt senior year, and it was enough to get him drafted.