- Ron Kroichick of the San Francisco Chronicle interviewed Ivan Rabb and Bishop O’Dowd head coach Lou Richie about the NBA Draft, which is tonight.
“I think Thursday is going to be a great day, and Ivan is going to find out his new future,” said Lou Richie, Rabb’s coach at O’Dowd. “It appears he’s going somewhere — you hear one thing and then another, everywhere from 14th to early second round.
“In his mind, it doesn’t matter when he goes but where he goes, to the right culture and somewhere he can continue to grow intellectually and emotionally.”
- The official Cal Athletics preview for the NBA Draft, which includes quotes from Wyking Jones about Ivan Rabb and Jabari Bird.
"Jabari is one of the premiere shooters in the country," Jones said. "He's also very athletic and explosive when attacking the rim."
"He's one of the nicest and most genuine young men I've ever had the pleasure to coach," Jones added.
- Jon Wilner previews the NBA Draft with regards to entire Pac-12.
- Greg Biggins has a quick scouting report on new Cal QB commit J.T. Shrout.
Fall 2017 Schedules
- Previous Golden Nuggets mentioned the new Volleyball schedule and the new Men’s soccer schedule, but now there’s more!
- Men’s water polo schedule is out. The defending champions open at a neutral site at UC San Diego, and have their home opener on September 6 against UC Davis. The last home game is a big one Nov. 4 versus USC while the Big Splash is the following weekend at Stanford.
- Now the whole soccer schedule is known as the women’s schedule is here. The opener is August 18 against Saint Mary’s at home. Huge non-conference games include Oklahoma and Oklahoma State at home, while the biggest conference games are all on the road and all at the end of the year between October 26 and November 3: at USC, at UCLA and at Stanford.
- Field hockey schedule: The Bears open the season at home against Syracuse on August 25. The Bears are on the road between September 10 and October 13, and return home to play Furd on October 15 (on Pac-12 Networks, meaning the new venue is now TV-ready for the first time). The rematch at Furd is the following weekend, also televised.
- Baseball star Andrew Vaughn is on the 2017 Collegiate Baseball Team Training Camp roster.
- Water polo star Johnny Hooper scored a team-high 3 goals in Team USA’s win over Kazakhstan in the second game of the FINA World League Super Final.
- Women’s Swimming: Amy Bilquist, Valerie Hull, Noemie Thomas, and Kristen Vredeveld made the College Swimming & Diving Coaches Association of America’s Scholar All-Americans first team, given to players with a 3.50+ GPA AND participating in a NCAA Championship meet. Jenna Campbell, Anina Lund, Courtney Mykkanen, Maija Roses, Hayden Tavoda are Scholar All-American honorable mentions, meaning they had a 3.5+ GPA and competed in a zone diving meet or achieving a “B” time standard.
- Men’s Swimming: Under the same organization and same qualifications as the women... Matthew Josa, Ryan Murphy, Nick Norman, Carson Sand and Pawel Sendyk made the Scholar All-American first team while Andy Song and Zach Stevens are honorable mentions.
- Ryan Murphy has also been nominated for an ESPY for best male U.S. Olympic athlete. You can vote HERE.