- Trace Travers talked with newest Cal commit Nikko Remigio, who will be a wide receiver for the Bears beginning in 2018. Here is a very intriguing excerpt, but the whole thing is worth your time.
There's a couple of key targets that Remigio is looking to bring up with him in the 2018 class, a couple of his teammates on the offensive line. Cal currently has six former Mater Dei guys on the roster, and Remigio hopes to help add more.
"Man if I could get the whole offense at Mater Dei to come up with me," Remigio said, "that would be excellent, but I’ve been working on Tommy Brown and Chris Murray."
- Daily Cal’s look at the linebackers for the 2017 Bears.
- Jabari Bird interviewed with LA media following his workout with the Lakers. Video is below but it is in the link above if you can’t load it here.
- Ryan Gorcey has a shortlist of 3 favorites to become the new Cal baseball head coach. The clear favorite is former Cal pitching coach Mike Neu, who left to become the head coach of Pacific in 2016, as he has near unanimous support from the Cal baseball players. Saint Mary’s HC is another option.
- PerfectGame.org has named Andrew Vaughn to their Freshmen All-American team!
- The 2017 schedule is out. The volleyball team will be the first to play on top of the new Haas Pavilion court when they open on August 25. Cal ends the regular season with four huge home games, including all 3 California rivals. The home Big Spike closes the regular season on November 25.
Men’s Water Polo
- Nicholas Carniglia and Johnny Hooper will travel with Team USA to the FINA World League Super Final which begins this week. Future Golden Nuggets will include the results of these matches.
More Pac-12 Accolades
- Track and Field: Tyler Brendel made the Pac-12 First All-Academic Team for Track and Field while Garrett Corcoran, Matt Esparza, Thomas Joyce and Max Leach made the second team.
- Twenty-one more Bears made the honorable mention team: Trent Brendel, Christine Canning, Jackie Chandler, Jordyn Colter, Rebecca Croft, Marshall Godsil, Ivan Gonzalez, Eugene Hamilton III, John Hogan, Bethan Knights, Josh Lewis, Luciano Lopez, Kendall Mader, Lauren Martinez, Morgan Robertson, Jayla Scholis, Matt Schwartz, Taylor Smith, Nuria Tio Peig, Marissa Williams and Paul Zeiss.
- Women’s Water Polo: Eleven Bears received the Association of Collegiate Water Polo Coaches honors. Mia Salvini and Jackie Sanders made the “Outstanding” Category with GPAs over 3.7. Genevieve Weed, Kindred Paul, and Sofia Rivas made the “Superior” list with GPAs between 3.4 and 3.7. Stephanie Mutafyan, Madison Tag, Lauren Charter, Emma Wright, Hannah DeRose and MacKenzie Davey made the “Excellent” list with GPAs between 3.2 and 3.4.
- Women’s Crew: Dorothee Beckendorff, Inger Kavlie, Rowan McKellar made the 2017 Pocock First Team All-America as decided by the Collegiate Rowing Coaches’s association with Kendall Ritter making the Second Team All-America list.
- Congrats to all and Go Bears!