- Men’s Water Polo: Nicholas Carniglia, Luca Cupido and Johnny Hooper made the Team USA roster for a four game series against Croatia. Game 1 already took place on Friday, but Game 2 can be seen locally at Stanford today at 3:30PM here. Games 3 and 4 will be later this week in Southern California.
- Men’s Golf: Collin Morikawa defeated Team Europe’s Rory Franssen to help Team USA hold a commanding lead in the Arnold Palmer Cup.
- Ryan Murphy was named a first team Academic All-America member for the second year in a row by the College Sports Information Directors of America.
- Fourteen members of the Men’s Crew team were named to a Pac-12 All-Academic team. Kyle Flagg, Maxwell Hall, and Maarten Hurkmans made the first team. Justin Murphy, Ferdi Querfeld, and Natan Wegrzycki-Szymczyk made the second team. Colin Fitzpatrick, Jack Gosden-Kaye, Hunter Hodges, Alex Lilichenko, Martin Mackovic, James Riley, Elliot Rogers, and Joachim Sutton were honorable mentions.
- The men were topped by the women as the Women’s Crew team racked up 18 members on an all-Academic team. Zoe Bhargava, Rowan McKellar, Danielle Struck, and Franny Wood made the first team. Roisin Duffy, Zoe Feist, Jacqueline Holben, Ellie Howe, Bridget Konttinen, and Sarah Stoker made the second team. Riley Brown, Hannah Christopher, Hailey Drangsholt, Alex Floyd, Inger Kavlie, Samantha Lamos, Dana Moffat, and Charlotte Wesselmann were honorable mentions.
- Another take on the new Under Armour fonts and logos, this time from Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Ashley Anderson placed 19th in the Triple Jump event at the NCAA Track and Field Championships. This officially ends the Cal Athletics season for 2016-2017.
- Jack Clark says the hit that paralyzed Robert Paylor was “illegal” and “preventable.”
- The Sacramento Kings take a closer look at Ivan Rabb.
- Ben Parker scouts recent Men’s Basketball (2018) commit Matt Bradley.
- Three-star offensive tackle Jake Syptak visited Cal yesterday and will continue his visit today. Check out his scouting report here.