Cal Men’s Basketball got a boost this week, as evaluation sites updated their top 100 big boards. Cal commits and targets jumped significantly in their rankings. Cal currently has two commits in the 2018 recruiting class, but with a good amount of scholarships available in the class, the Bears will be going after some big time recruits. Let’s take a look into who we have and who we are after.
2018 Cal Commits:
2018 Cal Targets (Top 100 or Local):
- PF Jordan Brown - #11 Overall on Scout.com
- SG Kevin Porter Jr. - #26 Overall on Scout.com
- SF Gerald Liddell - #34 Overall on Scout.com
- SG Jules Bernard - #52 Overall on Scout.com
- PF J’raan Brooks - #86 Overall on Scout.com
- SF Timmy Allen - #93 Overall on Scout.com
- SF Tevian Jones - #94 Overall on Scout.com
- C Bryan Penn-Johnson - #98 Overall on Scout.com
- PG Elijah Hardy - #21 Point Guard on Scout.com
- PG James Akinjo - Unranked 3-star on Scout.com
- SG Naseem Gaskin - Unranked 3-star on Scout.com
Its an impressive list to say the least, with the majority of our offers out to wings and guards. Other than James Akinjo and Naseem Gaskin, every other player is currently listed as a 4-star prospect or higher. Getting the commitments of Jacobi Gordon and Matt Bradley was an early steal, but it will be important to use them as a platform to bring in more talent. It will definetly be easier to sell the highly touted talents to come in to come in with guys like Matt and Jacobi.
What do you think of our targets fans? Who should we focus our attention on? Let us know in the comments below.