- Cal came back to defeat Arizona 7-4 after falling behind 4-0 early. The win evened the Bears record at 15-15 in Pac-12 play, but they finish with a 25-29 overall record. Not that they were expected to, but the Bears did not get selected to the College World Series Regionals which was announced this morning. Thus, their season is over.
- Here’s the game-winning hit from Ripken Reyes.
"It's huge to do it now with this team and not have to wait a year to win a series against a quality team on the road. To already have that box checked is something to build off of. That's what we're building off of, the things that we've done the last three weeks. I give our guys credit to come out on a day like today, last game of the season and we're out of it and go down 4-0. They're tuning up for the playoffs and you stay in there and battle. We've got to use everybody we have just to make it through the game and we found enough to dig this game out. I'm extremely proud of our guys. That says a lot about our program and the kids that we have here." - Head coach David Esquer
- Andrew Knapp is tearing it up for the Phillies.
- A more recent Cal star is working his way up in the minor leagues, but Brett Cumberland has been looking mighty good lately.
Men’s Basketball (NBA Draft)
- Ivan Rabb is visiting the Lakers today.
- An Oklahoma City Thunder fan blog talks about Ivan Rabb and his potential fit for the team. I wouldn’t say it is negative or positive.
- The women’s team fell short of the Championship, but finished as the runner-up which is still solid.
- We say goodbye to women’s seniors Maegan Manasse and Maya Jansen who lost in the NCAA Doubles Championship semifinals to two Ohio State women. Despite the loss, both graduate with a lot of accomplishments as Cal Bears.
- We say goodbye again, this time to men’s seniors Andre Goransson, Florian Lakat and Filip Bergevi. Lakat and Bergevi were upset by two Baylor men in the Round of 16 of the NCAA Doubles Championship. Lakat also made it to the Round of 16 in the Men’s Singles Championship where he lost to Tom Fawcett of Stanford. Goransson was eliminated in the Round of 32 of the Singles Championship to William Blumberg of North Carolina. Full recap at the Daily Cal.