I’m happy to say we have triple the content of Tuesday’s article!
Basketball (Men’s, NBA, WNBA)
- With all the deserved hype about Ivan Rabb, one can forget that Jabari Bird has NBA potential as well. He worked out with the Indiana Pacers recently then did an interview about it. You can view it below. If the video doesn’t appear, go here.
- Could Ivan Rabb be a Portland Trail Blazer?
- Ben Parker’s scouting report on Paris Austin.
- Sam Singer will represent the United States at the World Maccabiah Games in Israel in July.
- Jaylen Brown may not be able to play for Boston tonight due to an injury.
- As reported previously, Brittany Boyd suffered a season ending injury to her achilles tendon. The New York Liberty announced that her surgery was successful.
- A press conference was held yesterday regarding the status of Robert Paylor. You can read a recap here along with the press conference. The news is positive, but obviously it is a long recovery ahead and you can still help. The Gofundme has raised over $600K already.
- Eleven Cal rugby players received awards from the Pac Rugby conference, including Russell Webb winning Player of the Year, Sam Cusano winning Freshmen of the Year, and Anthony Salaber winning Back of the Year. The other 8 are All-Pac First or Second Team selections.
- The official preview of Cal’s season ending series at Arizona. All three games (Friday-Sunday) are on Pac-12 Networks. I will see about getting a gamethread for them.
- The Daily Cal has a more in depth look at the Arizona series.
- Andrew Vaughn has made an “Immediate Impact” as a freshmen this year. This is a video article.
- Serena Leong (Women’s Gymnastics) and Elliott Gentile (Women’s Soccer) have both won the Geballe Award for 2017. This award is given to Cal athletes that display a combination of academic and competitive excellence. They will receive a $10,000 post-graduate scholarship.
- The Daily Cal’s preview of the Men’s and Women’s Crew squads, both in the postseason.
- The Pac-12 is about 100 million dollars in debt, mostly due to infrastructure. Excluding USC, Stanford and ASU (who didn’t divulge debt), Cal is second to only Oregon in terms of debt contribution.
- Marshawn Lynch has shown up at Raiders minicamp... but mostly as a spectator.
- Jared Goff is having an easier time learning the new offense.
- Another Goff article - this one from the LA Times - he is growing on AND of the field.
- The Daily Cal has an article on Davis Webb. Don’t expect him on the field in 2017.
- Get the scoop on the Inside Linebacker situation from Trace Travers.
- Ryan Gorcey talks with the newest Cal commit McCallan Castles.
- Check out Nam’s scouting report on Castles.
Note from the Writer: I put the football articles last since I figure thats the most popular sport and this way people scroll through the whole list, but I’d appreciate feedback on where you think they should go. Also, should I just give a short description of the articles like my predecessors, or do you like the editorializing and video/tweet embeds I sometimes do. Thanks!