- The women’s team, who was on the bubble for the last few weeks of the season, did qualify for the NCAAs yesterday. They will play 4 seed and Big West champs UC Irvine on May 12. Expect a preview for that closer to the game.
- Last weekend I missed this with all the NFL Draft talk, but Ivan Rabb was invited to the NBA Combine.
- Softball wound up getting swept at home to No. 8 Washington, despite playing the series tough (including a one-run loss)... the rest of the schedule does get easier but the Bears have lost 11 straight conference games (ALL against Top 15 teams) since sweeping Stanford and may be on the wrong side of the NCAA bubble at this time.
- Baseball lost two out of three to Washington. They play San Francisco at home tonight before facing their most difficult series of the season, playing at No. 1 Oregon State (more on that in the next Golden Nuggets).
- Both tennis teams had heartbreaking losses in the Pac-12 Tournament. The 2 seed men’s team was “upset” by 3 seed (but ranked higher in the ITA) USC. The 2 seed women made it to the title game where they lost to 1 seed Stanford. Both teams will be in their respective NCAA Tournaments where they look to rebound and win National titles.
- The men’s team finished eighth in the Pac-12 Championships, which will not be good enough to make the NCAAs (And thus their season is over)
- Jon Wilner’s Pac-12 winners and losers from the Draft... Davis Webb was named a “loser” for falling to third round.
- Hot off the press, Trace Travers goes over the Running Back situation for the Bears.
- Ryan Gorcey did a feature on Isaiah Smalls, an uncommited tight end from Los Angeles, who liked his visit to Berkeley last week (and will visit again later this month) but remains undecided.