- Columnists Matier and Ross of the San Francisco Chronicle posted this yesterday - “Some of Cal’s biggest donors are furious at basketball hire.” Golden Nuggets is just supposed to be a news dump and I won’t mess with that by posting a real take (I don’t see one, but I would think one is coming from us soon) but I will point out that the keyword in that headline is SOME. Reading the article, it just seems like a handful of people with no apparent effort to find donors that did like the hire.
- Cal completed the sweep with a solid showing over a good Washington State team (they leave Berkeley at 14-11 despite the three losses). Daily Cal’s Chris Tril has the scoop.
- Daily Cal’s Andrew Wild has a preview of Cal’s next game. They go on a non-conference trip to Palo Alto to play No. 21 Stanford. The Card were No. 11 before being swept at home by No. 1 Oregon State. The game is on TODAY at 5:30PM and it will be televised on the Pac-12 Network.
- The Stanford series will have the Bears’ Jonah Davis looking for redemption. Davis was told roughly 3-4 years ago at a Stanford high school baseball camp that he was a “Division III [quality] player”. (Likely due to his height, now 5-foot-10) Now he finds himself a contributor for the side of good at Cal and possibly even a longshot Major League Baseball prospect.
- After the tough sweep at the hands of No. 4 Arizona, the Bears look to rebound vs. Saint Mary’s on Wednesday. Josh Yuen has the scoop for Daily Cal.
- The men’s gymnastics team, as they tend to do, impressed against Stanford. Unfortunately, it was not enough to top the Card (Consistently one of the best in the nation) as the Bears snag another loss before the postseason starts.
- Remember the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation championship is IN BERKELEY! No. 1 Oklahoma, No. 2 Stanford, No. 10 Air Force, and No. 11 Cal will all compete on Saturday at Haas Pavilion and it should be a fun day!
- Congrats to Senior Ryan Murphy on his selection as the Pac-12 Men’s Swimmer of the Year!
- Collin Morikawa of the Men’s Golf team was named Pac-12 Golfer of the Month as well!
- Ryan Gorcey wrote a feature on new coach Justin Wilcox for Scout.
- Yesterday, CGB Nam Le wrote a scouting report on recent commit Nick Alftin.
- Cal Athletics and Learfield Licensing Partners agreed to a 10-year partnership which will allow for additional revenue for the department.