- Cal Bears’s website did a feature on Webb and Hansen prior to the draft.
You already know about our three Cal players drafted by NFL Teams... and if you don’t, head back to the front page of our site for coverage! But what do the media markets of those NFL teams think of the picks? Before we get to that... just remember the New York Sports media is WAY more critical than the Bay Area sports media.
- The Giants hope Webb can be the future... while the Jets hope they don’t regret passing on them. - New York Daily News (neutral)
- Shaun O’ Hara does not like the Webb pick, not necessarily anti-Webb but thought the team should have focused on the O-Line. - New Jersey Advance Media (negative)
- How will Eli Manning react? - New Jersey Advance Media (neutral)
- Davis Webb pick could define GM Jerry Reese’s legacy. - New York Post (positive)
- CBS loves the Chad Hansen pick (Positive)
- The scouting report by the New Jersey Advance Media is very positive.
- Not everyone is positive, a Jetswire/USA Today writer laments that Jake Butt wasn’t chosen instead. (negative)
- Most of the articles about Muhammad are from Cal sources, which is not surprising since he was a little under the radar and a surprise draftee. This writer from the SB Nation Titans site doesn’t know much about him at all.
- This Fansided Titans blogger did have a bit more positive reaction to the pick.
- After losing to the Huskies on Friday in a hard fought affair, the Bears got a rare road win for them and evened up the series Saturday. They will go for the much needed series win today that could give them a lot of momentum going into a difficult series at No. 1 Oregon State next weekend.
- In Los Angeles, alum Andrew Knapp (who was on the last College World Series squad) hit his first career MLB home run. It gave the Phillies their 5th run but the Dodgers had a big comeback in the 9th. Congrats! (Vid will not show up on Google AMP and Apple News)
- Unfortunately, Softball still can’t get a huge win against a Top 10 team as they lose the first two at home to No. 8 Washington. They will get one more shot today at Levine-Fricke field.
- Kianna Smith chatted with Ben Parker about her recent Wooden Award.
- Ryan Gorcey has the scoop on Wyking Jones’ contract. He will make $1,000,000 next season.