- Sending my best wishes to Ted Miller, Pac-12 writer for ESPN who was let go yesterday. Always loved his writeups of Cal Football and his optimism for our team, especially during the closing years of the Tedford era. (I did not write the following tweet) David Lombardi, who recently wrote this about Cal’s Spring Game, and Andy Katz on the basketball side were also let go.
Thanks for everything, Uncle Ted. Your talents will be missed on the Pac-12 Blog. https://t.co/lfUTisgNf4— GoldenBlogs (@GoldenBlogs) April 26, 2017
- Davis Webb’s stock is rising - from the Daily Cal.
- The “Just OK” quarterback could find his way into the first round - from Sports Illustrated.
- Davis Webb might just coach himself into the first round - USA Today.
- Jon Wilner gives his projections for all Bay Area college players including Webb and Chad Hansen.
- One more article about the Spring Game from Trace Travers - “What We Learned and Whats Still To Come”
- Cal will play St. Mary’s will play a game in the next three seasons. It is expected but not official that this season’s game will be in Berkeley, with the next one in Moraga followed by a third in Berkeley.
- Several Cal Volleyball legends speak about retiring head coach Rich Feller, including Beach Volleyball coach Meagan Schmitt and Olympian Carli Lloyd.
- The beach volleyball squad was not given a good draw in the Pac-12 Tournament as they begin play with No. 3 (and host) Arizona, who they just lost to last week, today at 11am.
- Bridget Gustafson spoke with Anne Marie Anderson on Pac-12 Networks recently. A video excerpt is linked while the full version will air on TV later today.
- Rogelio Reyes’s growing pains in the weekday slot continue, as the Bears fall to up and coming San Francisco by a score of 7-2. There will be a rematch next Tuesday in Berkeley.
- Closer Erik Martinez was named to the Stopper of the Year Midseason Watch List by the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association.
- Cal will play Stanford today in the first round of the MPSF tournament. Cal is only 5-12 but played Stanford tough the last go around.
- Softball defeated UC Davis on the road yesterday, and now host #8 Washington this weekend. I believe the Bears are 0-13 this season against Top 15 teams this year.
Track and Field
- Simon Lekressner of the Men’s Soccer team makes decisions off life experiences - from the Daily Cal.