- Back from a vacation, Jon Wilner talks men’s basketball with a take you’d expect from him. (Not that many of us would disagree at this point)
- Congratulations to Courtney Range who has signed a training camp contract with the Washington Mystics of the WNBA. She will head to the camp in the nation’s capital this Friday with hopes to make the squad. If she does, May 14 would be her first game in the Pros.
- Baseball’s road struggles continue as they lose again to Stanford. They will have to wait for the series in May here in Berkeley to break their 0-for-the-season record against Furd.
- Zoe Conley only allows two hits as the Bears won at Sacramento State by a slim margin of 2-0.
- Despite being only 5 foot 1, you do not want to mess with junior Octavia Bond. Among other cool facts about her you can learn in this Daily Cal essay, she is a skilled martial artist.
- Last year, they couldn’t even field a team due to lack of interest, but this year Foothill College in Los Altos Hills has one of the best junior college teams in the Bay Area. First year head coach, Haley Woods (a Cal star catcher from 2003-2006), has completely changed the program.
- Remember the check out the Spring Game at 11am on Saturday! Full coverage on our website.
- Trace Travers checks in with 5th year senior Matt Anderson to talk about Cal’s kicking game.
- Davis Webb has apparently visited the Chiefs, Jets and Cardinals over the last two days.
- Allen Crabbe guaranteed he’d play better in Game 2 after struggling in Game 1. While he did score more points last night, he still was a non-factor in the Blazers loss to the Warriors in Oakland.
- No updates on Marshawn Lynch, but things are looking pretty bleak on his Oakland return.