Plenty of articles about the Men’s Basketball team, but they’re all about that one story you already know about, so...
“Best hands in the country,” Watson said with a beaming smile. “Man, you’re cutting me short. … I’m perfect.
- In the mid-90s, offensive coordinator Beau Baldwin played semi-professional football... in Sweden. As a dual-quarterback AND for all intents and purposes the coach, he gained valuable experience he still uses today.
- Learn more about recent recruit Justin Kakala from Nam Le!
- In National news, the NCAA has adopted a few more rules (mostly related to recruiting) the highlight is (although not signed off by the Conference Commissioners Association) a period where high school recruits can submit NLI’s as early as December. Beginning in the 2018 season, teams can opt to hire a 10th assistant football coach as well.
- Missed this in the Thursday report, Cal’s official website did a feature on Elijah Hicks, a recruit that signed early with Cal and stayed on despite the head coaching change.
- The Daily Cal has a report on Rugby’s playoff run, which begins today.
- Cal was able to run-rule Fresno State yesterday. They play them again today at home.
- Despite having some major success at home the past two weeks, Baseball’s road struggles continue as they drop the first two in Utah and neither were that close. The main lowlight being that Utah dropped 11 in the second inning yesterday. They face Utah today to avoid a sweep and that game will be start at 10:30am.
- Congratulations to Desiree Palomares as she scored a solid 9.80 in her final beam performance in the NCAA Championships. She is set to graduate this season. That concludes the Women’s Gymnastics season for the Bears.
- Men’s Gymnastics has made the NCAA Championships Qualifier round once again. It will be held on April 21 at the campus of Army West Point.
Women’s Water Polo
- Senior Day is today at Speiker Aquatics Center. Support the team’s 4 seniors as they and No. 5 Cal host No. 2 USC. Daily Cal did a feature on the seniors.