- In case you missed it. Cal has a new head coach! Wyking Jones was hired yesterday. His press conference will be on Wednesday.
- Also, Ivan Rabb made it official what we already suspected would happen. He declared for the draft in a special greeting video to the Cal family. Prior to declaration, he was named to the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) D1 All-District team. He joined great company in Pac-12 rivals Lonzo Ball, Dillon Brooks, Markelle Fultz and Lauri Markkanen.
- Weather was not friendly during Cal’s Pro Day, and the rain may have prevented Davis Webb from having a better performance. Nonetheless, he still considers himself a first-rounder.
- Khalfani Muhammad ran a 4.34 yesterday in the 40 yard dash. Despite the rain, a pretty solid number for the running back who was snubbed from the NFL Combine.
- Make sure you read our Pro Day report for the full scoop!
- Cal raced to a 4-0 lead at UCLA. But it was not enough as a 5 run sixth inning by the Bruins gave them a lead they would not relinquish. The final score was 9-5 Bruins. They’ll play again today at 4PM and you can catch the game on Pac-12 Network National.
- Coming into Friday morning undefeated, No. 11 remained perfect with a win over San Jose State before losing for the first time against Saint Mary’s in a home doubleheader.
Cal hosts matches in 4 sports today in Berkeley. Check them out! Previews below.
- Cal hosts local rival St. Mary’s today at 5PM at Witter Rugby Field. Here is the official preview of the event. It is the season finale for the Bears, having already swept the Pac Rugby conference. They will begin tournament play on April 15. If you cannot attend the game, Pac-12 Bay Area will have the match.
- Cal, losers of 4 in a row (all to Top-10 teams), host Stanford for 3 games at Strawberry Canyon. You can find all 3 games on Pac-12 Network, or come on by! Here is the official preview.
Women’s Water Polo
- But that’s not all! Water polo is in Berkeley as well and its a huge matchup between the #4 Bears and the #6 Sun Devils at 1PM. Preview here. No TV for this one.
- Senior Emily Loughlin gives us a look at the fun stuff that goes on outside of the pool.
- Finally, the fourth matchup in Berkeley today. After defeating Yale on Wednesday night, #11 Cal looks to defeat Illinois at home today.