- How is Cal going to stop Josh Rosen?
“That guy, he throws the football as well as any college quarterback I’ve ever competed against or coached against,” said Cal head coach Justin Wilcox, whose team will have to try to find a way to slow the prolific passer Friday in Pasadena. “If he knows where he’s going, and you’re not putting any pressure on him, he can throw it as well as anybody. … He’s just a unique guy in terms of how he can throw the football.”
Cal (5-6) goes into its regular-season finale needing a win to make itself bowl eligible. The Bears are 1-4 on the road and are 10th in the Pac-12 in passing defense, allowing 254.3 yards per game.
- Our former CGB Writers Nam and Trace talk about what they’re most thankful for (related to the football team) this Thanksgiving.
- Golden Bear Report talked to Bruins Sports Report about the Cal/UCLA match.
- Bud Elliot of SB Nation picks Cal!
- Jon Wilner appears to think UCLA will win, but doesn’t say why.
- When I checked the CGB Pick-Em group, 66% of Yahoo players picked UCLA -7.5
- How did the Cal alums do in Week 11 of NFL Action? Keenan Allen ripped the Buffalo Bills defense apart as the Chargers dropped 50+.
- Check out the 11 Cal athletes on the track and field men’s and women’s teams who made the Pac-12 All-Academic team. Congrats to all.
Redshirt sophomore Kai Benedict and senior Garrett Corcoran were both named to the second team, and nine others were honorable mentions.
This is the second consecutive year that both Corcoran and Benedict were named to the team. Last year, Corcoran was a first-team selection and Benedict earned second-team honors.
For the men, the Bears had seven members elected to the team, including seniors Trent Brendel and Cameron Tu, junior John Hogan, and redshirt sophomores Paul Zeiss, Takeshi Okada.
For the women, five Bears were given honorable mentions on this years' team— Bethan Knights, Julia Lipson, Chloe Hansel Jordyn Colter and Marissa Dobry. Knights receives her third post-season honor, along with being named to the Second All-Conference Team and an All-American Runner with her results from the NCAA National Championships.
Brendel, Hogan and Knights each earned honorable mention honors for the second straight year while Tu was named to honorable mention for the third time.
- Indigo Gibson finished her career with the Bears, and Daily Cal takes a look at how she overcame premature birth to become a great member of the Cal women’s soccer team.
- This Thanksgiving the Cal Athletics Fund has a message for all who’ve spent money on games or donated to Cal this year.
See you at the Rose Bowl tomorrow. Go Bears.