No transcripts/summaries today, sorry.
Justin Wilcox (November 1)
Tim DeRuyter (November 1)
Ross Bowers (October 31)
Beau Baldwin (October 31)
- When I was a Cal student I was a Rally comm member and helped make the awesome Card sign you see at home games every week. Cal Football released a Behind the Scenes video showing what we do.
- The SF Chronicle puts the spotlight on Jordan Veasy before he takes the field for the final time in Berkeley.
Growing up in Gadsden, Ala., he understood that football was a religion to many, but he was a cleanup-hitting shortstop who thought his future was in baseball.
When he had rocketed up from just under 5-foot-10 to 6-2 before his senior year, however, he started thinking that those who had left the tiny town triangulated by Atlanta, Birmingham and Chattanooga to succeed in the NFL might have been showing him the path.
“My dad is 6-4, so I knew it was just a matter of time,” Veasy said. “I’m just a late bloomer. That’s been true of a lot of stuff. That’s why I don’t feel like I’m an older football player. There are a lot of things that I’m just now growing into.
“I feel like my ceiling is very high. I’ve yet to play my best football. I’m really eager to focus and see just how good I can be.”
Veasy will be joined by his mother and sisters at Senior Day, but his father is staying home to attend his little brothers’ youth football championships. Veasy understands; he thinks football is his future, too.
He’ll get a chance to play in the NFL. His chiseled build and innate ability were made for it, but he’s already thinking about life after playing.
- The SF Chronicle also looks at the job Cory Hall has been doing as interim coach to Oregon State. Will he get a signature win on the road against us? Hopefully not.
- What’s more surprising, Wilner picking Cal (- 7.5) or picking against Furd??? Both ESPN writers have Cal, as does Bill Connelly (SB Nation) and 80% of Yahoo Pick-Em Players.
- Needing two wins to be bowl eligible, Trace Travers looks at the Bears’ chances in each of the final three games.
- Catch up with Cal Bears in the NFL from Week 8 of play. Jared Goff continues to impress.
- Daily Cal’s preview of Men’s Soccer vs. Carmen State. I will be there!
- Brie Oakley was named Pac-12 Women’s Cross Country Freshmen of the Year. Congrats!
- Four Field Hockey players received America East honors. Megan Rodgers received All-Conference and All-Rookie honors. Mara Gutierrez, Femke Delissen and Janaye Sakkas also made the All-Conference team.
- Bailee Huizenga blogs about how Cal Volleyball celebrated Halloween and also plugs a big homestand against the Oregon schools.
Women’s Basketball has an exhibition against Vanguard tonight. I will be there and will livetweet some of the action on @GoldenBlogs and will also write the recap tomorrow morning. Go Bears!