- How is punter Dylan Klumph going to prevent Dante Pettis from getting big returns on punts?
“If I hang it up high enough, he’ll put his hand in the air,” Klumph said. “I’ll tell you that much.”
“He has the ability to flip the field, which is critical. He’s instrumental in trying to make opposing offenses play on a long field,” Cal special-teams coordinator Charlie Ragle said [of Klumph]. “He’s made a lot of strides in homing in and understanding what his job is.
- Cal football must “stop the bleeding” says Daily Cal writer Andrew Wild.
- Check out the journey of the Mekari brothers Patrick and Tony in this video article:
- Golden Bear Report looks at UW by the numbers and also five things to know about them.
- Not really Cal related but the East Bay Times did a feature on Fresno State head coach Jeff Tedford. Cal, of course, is mentioned multiple times.
“It seems like a long time ago,” Tedford said. “A lot of great days, a lot of great friends. I have no regrets at all about my time at Cal. I do keep an eye on them. I hope for the best for them and Coach (Justin) Wilcox.”
- Bryce Treggs will get an opportunity with the Cleveland Browns. He spoke with Scout about it.
- Practice has begun! So here’s more video (The vid is from the link to the left, but there is more info in the article as well.
- Marcus Lee, who had to sit out last year after transferring, is now eligible and hopes to make an impact. Includes a video but I can’t embed it. Here’s another video of Lee and Harris-Dyson speaking to media.
- There are a lot of newcomers (SEVEN!) on this Cal team. Learn about them below:
- Women’s Gymnastics have announced their Pac-12 Network televised games. Most notable is the home game against UCLA, who have two Team USA Olympians, which is on Saturday, February 10 at 11:30am. Furd is the following weekend at the farm. The full schedule will be released later.
- Check out the new Rugby uniforms!
- Megan Rodgers was named the America East conference Rookie of the Week. She leads the conference in points with 12 goals and 2 assists (26 points) as her team continues to surprise the field hockey world.
- Learn about the Men’s Water Polo team and how many of its players spent their summer competing internationally.
- Bailee Huizenga has another blog entry up with details on her volleyball team’s upcoming roadtrip. Also, check out Cal Volleyball’s Twitter feed for video from the #SavStrong game and learn about freshman Isabel Potter!