Just football today.
Coach Wilcox begins by answering how the team has responded to a big win in practice. Also answers near the 3:50 mark about how Gerran Brown (apolgies to him for mispelling his name twice!) is going to fill in Devante Downs’ role, then answers how the team has responded to multiple star players going down for the season.
Coach DeRuyter talks about what makes Khalil Tate such a good quarterback and how the team is preparing for him.
(From Tuesday) Coach Baldwin explains how the offense played with more tempo against WSU.
(From Tuesday) Ross begins with talking about the reaction he’s getting from family and friends about his flip TD, and then talks about how he was able to have a bounce back game against WSU. After that, he talks about what he sees about Arizona’s defense.
- Pac-12 Network’s game preview of the Cal/Arizona game
- Vic Enwere “sets a bruising tone” for the team. The article also says that Patrick Laird is expected to be back this week!
Enwere’s bulldozing score was so obviously important that ESPN’s play-by-play announcer remained quiet for 31 seconds and let the scene speak for itself.
Right tackle Jake Curhan and fullback Malik McMorris swarmed Enwere in celebration, the players on the sideline started believing an upset was possible, and the student section acted as though its team was the one ranked among the nation’s top 10.
“Any touchdown feels good, but that one was kind of a rush,” said Enwere, who is Cal’s active leader with 15 career touchdowns. “…The coaches stressed winning one-on-one matchups all week. I went into the game with the mind-set: ‘I want that one-on-one matchup with somebody.’”
- In the Pac-12 its “Any Given Saturday” as no matchup is a sure win for anybody.
- Khalil Tate is the next of many “buzz-worthy” quarterbacks to face Cal this season.
- Jon Wilner says Cal vs. Arizona is the Week’s Best Pac-12 matchup.
- While Wilcox wasn’t able to get the bonuses in his contract for beating USC and Oregon, he is still on pace to get big bonuses if the team can get to 6 wins, and/or wins over UCLA and/or Stanford. Unfortunately, despite being No. 8, there was no bonus for beating WSU.
- Arizona: By the Numbers and Depth Chart by Trace Travers.
- Cal Athletics’ roundup of the best Pro Bears of Week 6 in the NFL... unfortunately Aaron Rodgers is potentially out for the season after being hurt, though :(
ESPN: Kyle Bonagura picks Cal. Edward Aschoff picks Arizona. Both outright.
SB Nation picks Arizona -3.
As of 9:54am on Yahoo Sports Pickem, 66% of players have picked Cal +3.
Go Bears. Beat Bear Down.