For those looking to review all that has happened, let's bring you up to speed.
- The San Francisco Chronicle wrote a pretty incendiary piece about the Cal strength and conditioning program, including strength coach Damon Harrington.
- Cal football players were quick to jump the defense of Harrington and criticize the reporting of the Chronicle.
- After the article was released, Chancellor Nicholas Dirks ordered an investigation of the program.
- The Chronicle got some things wrong about the origins of the Noose Group.
- Cal Athletics issued a release defending the actions of their investigation.
Here is the full statement for Chancellor Nicholas Dirks for those of you want to see the full length of his argument, and it doesn't sound as bad as originally reported. Dirks defended the inquiry of the investigation and made it clear that this new investigation is only mean to confirm the original results and ensure adherence to all important structures of the program.
And yes, Dirks referenced our piece, much like Cal Athletics did in their defense. I'm in the Twilight Zone.
Below is the full response to the Chronicle article. Chancellor Dirks response to Chronicle article