Junior RB Vic Enwere suffered a broken foot during the ill-fated Oregon State game, and has been ruled out for the remainder of this season. Ted Miller of ESPN broke the story earlier today.
California running back Vic Enwere is done for the year after breaking a bone in his foot, a source confirmed to... https://t.co/j12WPwChIa— Ted Miller (@TedMillerRK) October 19, 2016
The remaining running backs on the roster are:
- Senior Khalfani Muhammad. Muhammad has rushed for 377 yards on 6.85 yards per carry, including 165 yards on 21 carries against Oregon State and 84 yards on 12 carries against Arizona State.
- Junior Tre Watson. Watson also had his best game of the year against Oregon State, compiling 134 yards on 16 carries and two touchdowns. Watson has 297 yards on 51 carries this season and eight catches for 114 yards.
- Redshirt junior Fabiano Hale.
- Redshirt sophomore Patrick Laird.
- Sophomore Billy McCrary III. None of the three above has seen a run carry this season. That might change in the coming weeks with Enwere out.
- Freshman Derrick Clark. Expect Clark to preserve his redshirt.
What are your thoughts on the depth? Who should take over Short-Yardage duties? Who should get Vic’s carries? Let us know in the comments below.