- On Sam Singer: "A lot of times, we like to take Tyrone off the ball just to get him moving. Sam has done a tremendous job of getting our shooters shots."
Cuonzo Martin on @samsinger123: "Sam has done a tremendous job of facilitating our offense."— Ryan Gorcey (@RGBearTerritory) January 13, 2016
- On Tyrone: "My thing with Tyrone- play the way you play. The thing I always say to him is to make the right play- the right decision."
- On Jabari Bird: "Jabari puts the work in, and spends a lot of time on his game. He needs to stay confident for us to do what we want to do."
- On keys to the game: "Limit turnovers, limit key breakdowns in critical situations, box out, and make your free throws at 70% or more."
- On winning on the road: "You have to be mentally locked in from start to finish to win on the road."
- On team making the leap: "This is probably the last stretch where you can really make that jump."
Martin wants Cal to be shooting 70 percent at the FT line. Team is shooting 66.7 percent from the charity stripe this season.— Connor Letourneau (@Con_Chron) January 13, 2016
- On Singer: "Sam adds a different element to our team, he's able to push the ball up and get it to everyone."
- On style of play: "If I'm coming down the court, I'm looking to make a play for myself. ... I think you always have to be aggressive."
- On beating the Trees: "Cal/Stanford is always a rivalry. We've got to come out and be aggressive; hit first. I expect it to be a battle."
- On winning on the road: "We haven't done well on the road so far this season, so it's important for us to go out and get the road win tomorrow."
- On facing zone defense: "I think we'll be fine."
- On Rabb and Jaylen Brown: "They have their games where they do better than others. We have to improve as a team."
- On Stanford: "This is my 1st time playing Stanford, but I know there is a lot of history there. People are more tense- but I'm ready to play."
- On Oregon: "Oregon, I wasn't really as focused as normal for some reason, and that's one of the reasons we lost that game."
- On improving play on the road: "We need to improve our communication... it's the small things."
- On physical play: "I don't want to get pushed around, ever again."
Rabb said he thinks he's still getting taller. Said he was told he was supposed to be 7-2.— Connor Letourneau (@Con_Chron) January 13, 2016