Clapdoc is still reveling in victory after yesterday's blowout win, so I'm filling in. Let's do this thang.
- The no. 3 men's team opened the season with a 26-8 win over Cal Baptist and a 13-11, double-overtime thriller of a victory against no. 5 Pacific.
- Cal defeated the Saint Louis Billikens 7-1. In case you had no idea what a Billiken is (and I certainly didn't know), it's a rather fat looking charm doll inspired by the dream of a Missouri woman.
- Both the men's and women's teams swept the competition at the USF Invitational.
- The Bears were at the Kansas State tournament this weekend, where they beat UNLV in five sets, lost in four sets to Kansas State, and suffered a sweep at the hands of Green Bay.
- Kevin Gemmell had a gem of a paragraph in his recap of Cal's victory. He knows us so well.
The game turned when: It was either the pick-six in the first quarter … or… the other pick six in the first quarter. Either way, the Tigers were already in a 35-0 hole before Cal fans were done trolling the Stanford boards.
- Mark Purdy recaps the game for the Mercury News.
- This was the fifth-highest scoring game in Cal football history. Unfortunately, the top mark of 127 will probably never be broken.
- Bear Insider gives us 10 reasons this team is different from last year's team.
- Ted Lee of Bear Insider has give observations from yesterday's game.
- Press conference Q&A (go to 3:50 of the first video for Kenny's insight into his and Jared's relationship)