It's that time of the year when thousands of glorious Cal fans descend on Strawberry Canyon to hear the cannon boom and golden bear roar! Saturday's once again claim their spot as the top day of the week and the smell of top dog brings fond memories of back shoulder fades to the top of our collective minds. Cal fans of the world, the 2015 football season is upon us and it's primed to start with plenty of fireworks.
This Saturday, the Bear Raid officially takes flight against the Grambling State Tigers. The world famous Tiger marching band will make their way into Berkeley for what should be a beautiful opening weekend in the Bay Area. The Tigers will look to continue their turnaround under second year coach Broderick Fobbs and Cal will look to impress voters by lighting up an FCS opponent.
Roll on you Bears!
Time: 2pm Pacific, 5pm Eastern
TV: Pac-12 Networks
Online: Pac-12 Live, Pac-12 Now App
Radio: KGO 810 (local) or TuneIn App
Injury updates: Griffin Piatt is out. Backup SAM linebacker Aisea Tongilava broke a toe in practice and is out three to four weeks.
Depth chart updates: Trevor Davis and Bryce Treggs will start as the primary punt returners. Kanawai Noa might see time.
- Know the Enemy: Previewing Grambling State Offense
- Cal vs. Grambling State: Previewing the Tigers defense
- Cal Football, Evans Hall edition: Advanced stats on Cal non-conference opponents
- Grambling State Tigers defense 2015 breakdown: How does the Cal offense match?
- Grambling State Tigers offense 2015 breakdown: First test for the uncertain Cal defense
- Grambling State Preview
- Get to know Darius White
- Meet your 2015 captains
- Extensive Tigers vs Golden Bears coverage